HOW TO APPLY QUICK WAX - VIDEO
HOW TO APPLY - IN 4 EASY STEPS:
1. Pick the correct tin of Quick Wax for the conditions you will be riding in. We make a Warm (good for snow temps of 25 degrees F to 40 degrees F) and a Cool (15 degrees F to 30 degrees F).
2. Make sure the base of the ski/snowboard you are going to apply it to is at least room temperature and dry. This is typically best the night before but if you find yourself between runs, take your skis/board inside, dry them off, and let the bases warm up a bit prior to applying. This allows for the best absorption into your bases.
3. When you're ready to apply, put 1 dab (photo below for reference) on the applicator pad before applying using circular motions until the ski is coated evenly with a thin layer of Quick Wax. PRO TIP: LESS IS MORE. Applying too much can run the risk of your skis feeling stodgy and slow.
4. Time to buff it in. Grab a clean and dry towel/rag (mountainFLOW towels work extremely well here 😏) but so does a polishing cork. Then, just like when you applied the wax, buff it in using small circular motions until it is completely absorbed into the base. The friction created by buffing actually opens up the pores of your base allowing for maximum penetration and absorption.
5. Get to rippin'!
WHEN TO USE QUICK WAX INSTEAD OF HOT WAX:
1. On fishscale nordic skis.
2. When traveling - mountainFLOW Quick Wax is non-flammable so you can fly anywhere with it. Toss it in with your checked luggage and carry the gift of glide with you wherever.
WHY ITS RAD:
1. It's plant-based + biodegradable so you can be confident that you're not poisoning the places you love the most when you use it.
2. Non-volatile and non-flammable. Take note how it doesn't smell like turpentine.